2/12/2008

Sloterdijk Blues


It's a liveless place, with office buildings both empty and occupied, it's always windy there. No one stays. They just pass.

Sloterdijk is a part on the west edge of Amsterdam. It's where my office is. It's too clean to be logically considered a part of the Netherlands, let alone Amsterdam.

At night it becomes really quiet - the only thing you hear are the trains from the Sloterdijk station, a pretty large transfer hub that turns from a busy commuter station into an empty playground for all kinds of shady folk after 7pm. I never have problems though - I look like one of them, apart from the laptop case :-)

The mumbling in strange dialects is only rarely disturbed by the occasional over-caffeinated accountancy trainee rushing to the platform.

If the train on the viaduct tells me one thing, it must be "...gettin' my ass outta here..."

No comments: