2/12/2008

Hi there

This is not about search marketing, bid management systems or SEO. Nor is it about local search trends, or the latest rant of some marketing guru. I mean, I love my work but there's more stuff to explore.

I am the proud owner of a crappy Nokia N73. It is a very bad phone with an exellent camera. That's why I got it.

We live in interesting times, a turning point in history, not least because of technology. I wonder if the Romans of 476 AD knew they lived on the edge of two eras. Probably not. So do we know it? Probably not.

But by carrying a Finnish piece of junk in my pocket I get to capture some stuff that I think is interesting, or arty, or nice. Or ugly. Or sometimes not because the image is aesthetically appealing but just 'cause it captures the "Zeitgeist" - the spirit of our time, or the one of a time past long ago.

And sometimes, if you're lucky, you might just capture a little piece of what's yet to come.

NB: all pictures on my blog are mine, unless stated otherwise. I am the copyright holder of these images, but I usually don't make a point out of re-use if you ask nicely :-)

No comments: